At the busy LegalWeek show in New York, the World Software team showed off Web Mobile 3.0. This completely new design has a new web server engine and user interface. The sleek web version incorporates favorite matter and file lists, all types of searches, and customizable list views that you would expect in the Worldox document management system.
The big Web 3.0 news is that any Windows program that works with Worldox – Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, browsers etc – can bring up the Worldox Web interface to save and open documents and emails. Working from a remote office, at home or on the road, is effortless with full File Open/File Save/Attach Files integration.
Web 3.0 supports Favorite Files and Matters, and advanced searches on Name, Client/Matter/Doc Type fields, text in file, and Categories (Tags). Speed of searching and speed of display are impressive.
It appears that Worldox could be positioning Web Mobile 3.0 as a desktop version replacement, and perhaps to integrate with cloud case management systems down the road.
Web Mobile 3.0 will become available late 1st quarter 2019 and is available to sites running Worldox GX4 with the latest update WDU14, and to Worldox Cloud users running the latest code. Contact us for requirements.
As part of this rollout, and other rollouts expected this year, other new features will be available:
- A more powerful email engine: always able to save emails, now users can create Outlook folders and link them to Worldox matters to copy or move messages.
- All processing occurs on the Exchange server to increase performance at the desktop.
- Filing from mobile devices and Outlook web app will be supported.
- Predictive email filing client and matter recommendations will now be exposed in the Outlook message list. A global flag will indicate when anyone has filed a message.
Productivity tools are now included in Worldox GX4 with the latest update WDU14:
- Task & Notify features, formerly only available to Workflow Tools customers, are now built-in.
- You can create an Outlook task from a Worldox document in the list for important deadline reminders.
- You can also set up notifications based on audit trail events selecting on any document metadata.